As part of Tamashee’s efforts to highlight beautiful components of The Arabian Peninsula, Tamashee organized a short trip to the mountains of Sharjah and Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates.
The Northern Emirates trip to inland Sharjah and Fujairah included:
- A visit to Mleiha archeological sites that range from stone age to late pre-Islamic era.
- A visit to Al Abdouli tribe in Taiba mountain village in Fujairah.
- Eating local dishes with Al Abdouli tribe members.
- A visit to The Flag Fort in Taiba village and the private Taiba museum.
- A visit to the farm land and old well along the old path of route 60.
- Witnessing a traditional Razfa dance and walking along the village with the tribe members.
- Camping in the outdoors between the mountains of Fujairah and the Gulf of Oman and enjoying an evening of BBQ and beduin Rubaba (a single string violin).
- A sunrise hike to fishing villages near by
- A thorough tour of the historic Al Bidya site and mosque as well as the Fujairah Museum and Al Bithnah Fort.
- Lunch at a private farm nestled between mountains and the chance to mingle with farm animals (horses/ostrich).
- Visit to a historic Wadi (valley) and walk with a local guide to see ancient petroglyphs.