Tamashee’s 1439 collection was inspired by Plants and Trees of the Arabian Peninsula. The Taif Rose was one of the plants of focus in the collection. Hence, Tamashee organized it’s debut experience trip to Taif to attend the Rose Festival.
The Rose Festival trip to Taif, Saudi Arabia (a mountain surrounding the Makkah region) involved:
- A visit to Taif rose farms and being involved in the picking process.
- A visit to Taif rose factories for the distillation and making of the Taif rose extract oil.
- Taking a cable car down Taif mountain to the cultural village and being part of traditional shows and fun activities.
- Eating local food such as; Milla bread and Saleeg.
- Visiting cultural and archeological sites in Taif.
- Visiting the bedouin village of the Twaireg tribe a branch of the tribe of Thaqeef.
- Participating in the rifle dance of Taasheer with tribe members